20130414

Transformers





As a child of the 80s, I loved The Transformers. I had a whole bunch of them and I remember the very first figure I bought, Cliffjumper. Which I promptly broke right out of the box. I was disappointed because it was the wrong color–yellow. Little did I know that this was actually a rare variant.

Seems like only yesterday when one of my closest buddies at the time and I would walk to Greenhills to buy Autobots or Decepticons from classic toy shops of yore like Nova Fontana, Best and Ultra Noblia. I still recall when my mom bought me a whole bunch of Transformers for Christmas-I distinctly remember Blaster, Grimlock, Mirage and Soundwave as part of that first set. I even scored Metroplex a year later.

However, my entire collection went up in flames when our house burned down in 1986. I even remember the last new Autobot I had right before the fire: Crosshairs of the Targetmasters.


Today's Transformers are more complex. Especially the Masterpiece series. I've been picky with my selection. But I wanted to give you a look at my current batch of bots. Click here to see the gallery.

Toy line: Transformers

Toy company: Diamond Select Toys/Art Asylum
Wish list: Masterpiece Prime II, Masterpiece Grimlock, Masterpiece Seekers: Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp, Fansproject Hercules "Devastator." 




No comments:

Post a Comment